Baby Deux!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2007





Pictures: San Marco's at night, The grand canal, us in a park off the beaten path in venice, a shot from inside the museum of the vatican in rome, the entrance to the Duomo here in Florence.

Hello Everyone! We had an incredible time in Venice, and now we are in Florence. Venice was much better then we expected. It really is everything you would imagine, beautiful, expensive, calm and crazy at the same time. I really got a kick out of taking the vaporetto -a city water boat instead of a city bus- on the grand canal and out to Murano island (birthplace of ventian glass). San Marco (the biggest and most elaborate church) and the neighboring buildings we simply jaw dropping. We haven't tired of espressos and pastries for breakfast and or afternoon snack. mmmmmm, yum. The espresso really is everywhere, and most of it is fantastic although I must admit we have had a few cups that don't measure up to the REG barista extrodinaire Ben Preston, he sets the bar pretty high for an American.

We'll be here for a night and a day, then I will have to buckle down and work for a day at the Villa. CJ will relax by the pool, too cold to swim though.

Ciao!

5 comments:

gr8ern8er said...

lea will be in florence tomorrow (4.4.) Maybe you will walk past each other... :)
it's very great to see the pics and hear the updates - have fun working and relaxing!

nate

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!! I love how you described Venice, I've always wanted to visit. You both look like you are having a wonderful time. Everything is good in Brew town. The Brew Crew won opening day and hopefully will win tonight...Dad and I are watching. Aidan Jude sends his love as do I!! I'm sorry I keep missing your calls. I was at work one of the times and today, well, let's say Dad and I were in a place phones weren't allowed. (Ca-Ching!) (We didn't win.) I hope to get to talk to you soon. I love you both very much!! Take care and have fun!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Don't forget my coffee. My mouth is watering just thinking about espresso and pastries!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!!

Anonymous said...

be careful with the espresso- I was drinking them like water at all hours. (They're so small!) That combined with jet lag kept me up for an entire night. Nice sunrise though. I want to hear about some gelato next. Ciao-Alex