Baby Deux!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

Ahhh... Summer!











May... I seem to not be to good at this blogging thing... so I'll fill you in on my summer. I ran a half marathon in Denver with Jen. I rode my road bike a little. At the end of May I was in Wisco helping my sis, bro-in-law, and nephew move into their new, beautiful home. It was great to be able to help them and dance with A.

June... so long ago now. I believe I worked way too much, however, I achieved a running goal. I ran The Cart to Cart race. It starts at Camp 4 Coffee in Crested Butte and ends at Camp 4 in CB South. It's 17 miles long and mostly on single track trails and some dirt roads. I ran with Jen, my trusty running partner extraordinaire. It was quite the feat. Lots of elevation gain and always the potential to see a bear and/or mountain lion somewhere in the woods. We were able to visit with our nephews and niece in WA. It was great to see them.

July... We spent time with August's Mom. I climbed two 14er's (Fourteen thousand + foot peaks). I climbed Mt. Massive and Elbert - the two highest peaks in Colorado. August has been very busy with work this summer so it was another trip with Jen.

August... My brother came out for a week long visit. We partied with Antonio Banderas in Aspen. Ok, so we dined at the same restaurant he happened to be at. Ripped it up on water skis. Always a good time. Played Boce on top of Paradise Divide. Did some rafting/fishing on the Gunni River with Ida along for her first raft trip. Lots of fun with J. Last weekend, we camped in Ouray and I ran a half marathon with Jen. A great run from Ouray to Ridgeway. August managed to squeeze in a pretty epic mtn. bike ride going from Ridgeway to Ouray.

Pictures are from bike rides, runs, hikes, quiet evenings on our porch, and WI. The one with Jen and I, where my hair is pretty crazy is from the top of Mt. Massive.
I love summer.
Cj

3 comments:

m|w said...

it wouldn't be Crispy without CRAZY HAIR! RDRR.

gr8ern8er said...

even though summer is flying by, it sounds like you've been using it to it's fullest-it's no wonder you don't have time to blog very often! Love the pics! Keep them coming!

m|w said...

SUMMER IS OVAHHH