Baby Deux!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 6, 2009

Resurrecting the Blog

After many months of nothing, this blog will be used once again - mostly filled with information on our exciting news! If the ticker above did not clue you in, I am pregnant! It's still on the early side but we have had two doctor visits already and all is looking good. I had some spotting that was of slight concern. During the second doctor visit, my doctor has determined that the spotting is unrelated to the pregnancy and should not affect the pregnancy. Very good news. We have had two ultrasounds - because of the spotting concern - and between the first and second you could already see a significant difference in the size of baby. We also saw baby move!! And a healthy heart beat.

I have not really experienced any morning sickness but my doctor has reassured me that some women just don't. I have been extremely tired!! And my appetite varies from starving in the morning to barely being able to eat anything for dinner. I have stopped running - first because my doctor advised me to stop for a couple of weeks and now because I think it's best to resume running again after the pregnancy. However, I will have to exercise in other ways to stay sane. My moodiness has been a bit out of control!

We'll use this blog to keep our family and friends up to date with our changing lives. We'll do our best, yes, I realize that seems to be a broken promise, to keep you posted on our lives in general. We have a trip to Mexico coming up in April and will post pictures when we get back. And yes, I am aware that I am pregnant and going to Mexico but the good thing is, there are many pregnant women who live in Mexico all the time. I'll be careful with water and food consumption. Last time we were there, everyone used bottle water for everything. Unfortunate for our environment but the sad reality of Mexico's clean water problem. Plus, we hope to have an internationally traveling child so why not begin now.

Winter has been long, at least for me. We did our usual whirlwind Wisconsin and Idaho tour for Christmas, August did a hut trip and we've skied at a couple additional resorts in Colorado. No exciting trip to Europe or down the Grand Canyon this winter but we always dream about future trips. We are also very realistic about the current economic times - I love listening to NPR in the mornings but the constant drone of bad news upon more bad news is sad to hear. I think we're in this for awhile. Ok, enough of that, on to happy. Here are a few photos. Two from The Great Christmas Tree Hunt 2008 - it was epic! Of course, Earl and Ida at Christmas, and two from our trip to San Francisco in late October. (We had just biked across the Golden Gate Bridge and the other picture is of a great restaurant/bar/cafe we had lunch at.) As always, click on a picture to enlarge it.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a quick note from the beyond excited Dad- Huuuraaaah! I am over joyed. Hello to you all, August.

gr8ern8er said...

cool!!!! i am excited to read and hear about your progress!!!! it is also exciting to hear that you are going to have an internationally traveling baby!! sounds great!!!

m|w said...

i was just about to clown your blog on FB but i decided to see if you've posted anything in the past 7 months and then i read this. HOLY ISHT! CONGRATS YO!!!