Baby Deux!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sleep??? Already I'm losing my natural talent.

Yes, it is 2:35AM Mountain Time and here I am typing away at our blog. I have been awake since 1:30. If there is one thing that I am solidly good at, it's sleeping. I am losing that ability. Tonight however, I feel I might have a touch of a stomach bug. I went to spinning last night, which felt great but my stomach was bothering me before the class. Bad stomach stuff has been going around this small town we live in - August has already had it - so it's probably my turn. Also, the wind has been so strong at times tonight, that you have to wonder if the house is going to stay standing.

Not much news to report on the baby front. Sunday I basically slept the entire day. Hmmm... maybe I stored up enough sleep for the whole week. It was a gorgeous day and finally at 4, I took Ida for a walk. My big adventure for the day. It was even a powder day on the mountain - August skied a bit and then worked all day. No morning sickness still and I continue to have very little appetite for dinner.

We have started to share our news with friends and it's amazing how once word is out there, baby stuff just appears. A friend of a friend found out we are pregnant and offered us some great baby stuff for FREE!! We are firm believers in the gently used baby gear that is easy to clean, as we would rather reuse than accumulate more stuff that might end up in the landfill. So out of this free deal, we got Pottery Barn crib and changing table (both white), mattress that is in excellent condition, linens, and a car seat, the next step above infant car seat. The car seat looks almost brand new. I am debating whether to look into an environmentally friendly, non-toxic mattress. This stuff is older and August reminded me that all the off gasing from the mattress is over at this point. We'll see where that discussion ends. Typically, this early in the pregnancy we would not be 'shopping' for furniture but with this opportunity of things in great shape, good quality, and free - we couldn't pass it up. We are remaining optimistic about this pregnancy.

A note to friends who may have found out our news by checking our blog... sorry. I haven't gotten to all of my phone calls yet.

A picture to share. Look closely at the similarities between my husband and my cat, Earl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more excited about the arrival of my niece or nephew! Christie's (Auntie Go-Go) and August's (Uncle Gus) nephew seems to think he will be getting a baby girl cousin very near to his date of birth. I think the Hasz baby will be born on the same day as Aidan. Wouldn't that be a FUN story to share! Cousins born three years apart to the day! I am just excited about having a baby girl or boy that will call me Auntie Jess one day. Congratulations to you both, you will make excellent parents! You both have a wonderful journey ahead of you...

Love to you all,
Jess

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more excited about the arrival of my niece or nephew! Christie's (Auntie Go-Go) and August's (Uncle Gus) nephew seems to think he will be getting a baby girl cousin very near to his date of birth. I think the Hasz baby will be born on the same day as Aidan. Wouldn't that be a FUN story to share! Cousins born three years apart to the day! I am just excited about having a baby girl or boy that will call me Auntie Jess one day. Congratulations to you both, you will make excellent parents! You both have a wonderful journey ahead of you...

Love to you all,
Jess

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited, I had to post my comments twice!

gr8ern8er said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gr8ern8er said...

The similarities are funny, but I see a big difference: Earl is the educated one - reading books and all. :)
Hope you find a good sleeping pattern soon!!!